James G.B. Dallal joined Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP in 2020 as a Senior Associate on the Antitrust & Global Competition Team, and handles a broad range of antitrust and other complex matters. As an attorney, his primary focus has been serving lead class counsel on behalf of plaintiffs challenging nationwide and international cartels in major antitrust class action lawsuits.
Prior to joining the firm, James was an associate attorney at a boutique antitrust litigation firm in San Francisco and before that worked for a boutique plaintiffs’ firm in Los Angeles that assisted borrowers in their suits against the financial industry. Before law school, he served as an Intellectual Property Litigation paralegal at the Houston office of a major international firm.
James earned a B.A. in History from Rice University, a J.D. cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, and an LL.M. in European Law avec mention bien from Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris 2). He enjoys international travel and languages, and has certified proficiency in French and Brazilian Portuguese.
In re: Capacitors Antitrust Litigation.
James was an integral member of the team that brought suit against over 20 manufacturers of aluminum, tantalum, and film capacitors for a global antitrust cartel that persisted for at least 12 years, and helped recover over $439 million for affected purchasers.
In re: High-Tech Employees Antitrust Litigation.
James served co-lead class counsel in a novel class action challenging illicit mutual agreements to restrict cross-recruiting among seven of Silicon Valley’s most prominent tech companies, and helped recover $435 million for affected employees.
- Affordable Housing Developer Files Claim Against City of Santa Clara for Covertly Cancelling Entire Housing Project11.12.2021
- CPM Helps Couple to Sue Carnival Corporation and plc & Princess Cruise Lines for Allegedly Covering Up Coronavirus as Influenza10.23.2020
- Aided by CPM, the Historic Cliff House San Francisco Restaurant Sues Allianz Insurance and Affiliates07.29.2020
- CPM Files Consumer Class Action Against Telescope Suppliers for Constellation of Antitrust Violations06.18.2020
Honors & Awards
Honors & Recognitions
Northern California Super Lawyers, named to Rising Starts list (2017-2019)
California Lawyers Association, Antitrust, UCL & Privacy Section
Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Bar Association of San Francisco
Rice University, B.A., 2002
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D. cum laude, 2010
Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris 2). LL.M. in European Law avec mention bien, 2010
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California