Family of Elderly Resident Who Was Poisoned and Died at Atria Park of San Mateo Files Lawsuit


Ninety-three-year-old lifelong San Mateo resident Trudy Maxwell died on August 29, 2022 from poisoning. Her death was caused by being served industrial strength cleaner by Atria San Mateo. The Complaint alleges that Atria had a similar poisoning a few days before at their Contra Costa facility, yet took no corrective measures.

Two excruciating days after the poisoning, Mrs. Maxwell died. Despite acknowledging the poisoning, Atria has yet to issue the family any apology. Instead, Atria has embarked on a disinformation campaign.

Niall McCarthy of Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP stated:

Mrs. Maxwell’s avoidable death was a tragic part of the epidemic of neglect of seniors.  Atria’s job is to enhance the lives of seniors, but they ended Mrs. Maxwell’s life.  Atria served Trudy a cleaner which was more toxic than Drano.  When you place your loved one in a senior facility, you do not expect it to be one of the most dangerous places in the Bay Area.

Related Materials

Jump to Page

By using this site, you agree to our updated Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.