David Hollenberg is a senior associate at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy LLP. He works primarily on elder abuse, class actions, qui tam, and employment matters. Prior to joining CPM, Dave practiced for several years in Maryland; first, as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Montgomery County, Maryland, and then as a criminal defense attorney. Dave continued to practice criminal defense at several firms in the Bay Area after moving to California in 2018 and becoming licensed in 2019. Dave brings extensive first chair courtroom experience to CPM, including hundreds of bench trials, numerous dispositive motions, and several jury trials.
Dave received his J.D. from American University Washington College of Law and an A.B. in Government and Romance Languages at Dartmouth College. During law school, Dave served as president of the Society for Dispute Resolution, a Senior Editor on the American University Business Law Review, and a student attorney in the Community Economic Development Law Clinic. Dave also served as a Marshall-Brennan Fellow, teaching constitutional law and procedure to high school students in Washington, DC. During college, Dave studied abroad in Paris, and also spent time as a field organizer on a presidential campaign’s New Hampshire team.
Outside of the office, Dave enjoys spending time with his wife, son, and dog, Wally. He enjoys New York sports, travel, music, and trivia. He is an active participant in the Bay Area legal community, an assistant coach of the Ruth Asawa School of the Arts High School mock trial team, and a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco.
- First Transgender Lutheran Bishop Files Lawsuit Against the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the Sierra Pacific Synod for Harassment, Defamation, and Whistleblowing03.01.2023
- Telemundo 48, 10.11.2022
- Lawsuit Filed Over Massive Water Leaks at SOMA Luxury High Rise That Left Tenants Displaced and Distressed10.07.2022
Honors & Awards
Honors & Recognitions
2019 Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star
Bar Association of San Francisco
High School Mock Trial Coach at Ruth Asawa School of the Arts
American University Washington College of Law, J.D.
Dartmouth College, A.B.
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- French (conversational)