Andrew Kirtley is a senior associate at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy LLP. He specializes in class actions and complex commercial litigation. Before joining the firm, Andrew spent several years as an attorney in the District of Columbia, where he worked at a tenants’ rights law firm, the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center, and a boutique law firm specializing in federal environmental and civil rights litigation. Over his career, Andrew has represented hundreds of clients in all phases of litigation, including first-chairing dispositive motions, trials, and appeals.
Andrew earned his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law and a Master of Environmental Law and Policy from Vermont Law School. During law school, Andrew completed externships with U.S. Magistrate Judge Ronald Ellis in the Southern District of New York (New York, NY), the U.S. Department of Justice (Washington, DC), the Navajo Nation Department of Justice (Window Rock, AZ), and the Human Rights Law Network (New Delhi, India). Before law school, Andrew worked as a bicycle messenger and in various other service industry jobs, and lived in Boston, Chicago, Kentucky, and France.
Andrew is active in the legal community and enjoys being part of a firm that values the pursuit of justice. Beyond work, he enjoys spending time with his partner and dog, traveling, hiking, and exploring the Bay Area.
- Lawsuit Filed Against Tesla for Allegedly Misleading the Public Regarding its Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Technology09.14.2022
- Federal Court Issues Preliminary Injunction Against Bank of America, Protects Rights of California's Unemployed06.01.2021
- Los Angeles Times, 06.01.2021
- CBS SF Bay Area, 06.01.2021
- Aided by CPM, the Historic Cliff House San Francisco Restaurant Sues Allianz Insurance and Affiliates07.29.2020
- CPM Helps Steve Wozniak and 17 Fraud Victims Sue YouTube and Google Over Fraudulent "Bitcoin Giveaway" Scam07.22.2020
- CPM Helps Family Sue Carnival and Princess Cruises for Intentionally Hiding Knowledge of COVID-19 Before the Cruise Ship Left Port05.27.2020
- Shocking COVID Cover-up: Hollywood Nursing Home Forges Death Certificate to Hide its COVID Problem; CPM Assists Family to Sue for Accountability05.20.2020
Member, American Association for Justice
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Constitution Society
Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
Co-Chair, Washington Council of Lawyers 2018–2019 Mentoring Program
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Vermont Law School, Master of Environmental Law and Policy
Berklee College of Music, B.M.
- Judicial Extern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Ronald L. Ellis of the Southern District of New York
District of Columbia
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals – 9th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals – D.C. Circuit
U.S. District Court – California (all districts)
U.S. District Court – District of Columbia