Tamarah Prevost is a partner at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, practicing in a wide range of civil litigation areas including employment law, antitrust litigation, and consumer rights. Tamarah has represented employees in a wide variety of employment disputes in state and federal court and arbitration proceedings. Her cases have included those involving stock options and start-up companies, whistleblowers, and victims of discrimination, sexual harassment, and racial profiling.
Tamarah has been selected as a Northern California “Rising Star" in Employment Litigation by San Francisco Magazine in 2018, 2019, and 2020. Ms. Prevost is a regular panelist speaker on employment litigation topics at the CAOC (Consumer Attorneys of California) Annual Conventions in San Francisco, Sonoma, and Hawaii, and is a member of the Employment Section of the American Association for Justice. She is also a regular contributor to the Daily Journal newspaper, on topics related to employment law.
Tamarah received her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law. Tamarah was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree with First Class Honors from Simon Fraser University.
Tamarah has negotiated several multimillion dollar settlements on behalf of employees who have been wrongfully terminated. Tamarah also represents plaintiffs in the following antitrust class actions in which CPM serves as interim lead or co-lead counsel:
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation, No. 1:16-cv-08637 (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation, No. 13-MD-02420 YGR (N.D. Cal)
- In re Capacitors Antitrust Litigation, No. 3:14-cv-03264-JD (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Resistors Antitrust Litigation, No. 5:15-cv-03820-RMW (N.D. Cal.)
- SF Chronicle, 2020
- Former City Attorney, Randolph Hom, Begins Process for Multimillion Dollar Lawsuit Against City of Cupertino10.22.2018
- San Francisco Chronicle, 07.17.2020
- Daily Journal, 05.09.2019
- Daily Journal, 02.08.2019
- Advocates for Justice, 01.16.2018
- Advocates for Justice, 07.25.2017
- Advocates for Justice, 04.25.2017
- Advocates for Justice, 03.20.2017
Honors & Awards
Honors & Recognitions
2020 Northern California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, Plaintiff's Employment Litigation
Tamarah holds the Secretary position on the Board of Directors for CORA (Communities Overcoming Relationship Abuse), San Mateo County’s only provider of comprehensive intimate partner abuse prevention services.
Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
Simon Fraser University, B.A.
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Justice Nathan Mihara of the Sixth District Court of Appeal, California