Sarvenaz (Nazy) Fahimi is a Senior Associate practicing in several areas of litigation, with a focus on high profile cases of fraud, cases involving the Federal and California False Claims Acts, and representing businesses in commercial disputes.
Nazy began her career practicing in commercial litigation at a prestigious firm in her hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota. She moved to the Bay Area and continued working in litigation as well as in other areas of the law. She has worked on antitrust and trade regulation cases, aviation cases, breach of contract and commercial disputes, employment disputes, personal injury cases, insurance coverage and bad faith cases, as well as discrimination and civil rights cases. Most recently, prior to joining Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, she worked at a 501(c)(3) non-profit for several years, where she focused on advocacy and community service, while also handling in house legal matters, including providing in-depth employment law and compliance counseling. In her role there, Nazy collaborated with various civic and community organizations and presented seminars and participated in panels on various legal topics, including in the area of U.S. trade embargoes and sanctions, through the Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Nazy graduated cum laude from Marquette University Law School in Wisconsin. During law school she served as a Member and subsequently a Note and Comment Editor of the Marquette Law Review, earned awards as the highest scoring student, including in Constitutional Law, and became a member of Alpha Sigma Nu, the National Jesuit Honor Society. Nazy also attended Marquette University as an undergraduate where she received her BA.
- Nazy recently has helped obtain substantial wins fighting against healthcare fraud on behalf of several whistleblowers.
- She has fought against a high-profile University which retaliated and wrongfully terminated a high-level employee.
- She has helped obtain a favorable and swift settlement for a family whose members suffered severe emotional and financial harm in a complicated estate matter involving financial elder abuse.
- She has worked with leading executives at Apple, credit card companies, and national banks to identify, and change policy, relating to issues of unfair and potentially discriminatory practices in implementing U.S. Trade Embargoes and Sanctions set forth by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- She has worked with various members of Congress on the Hill, and local politicians relating to advocacy and legislation, such as HR 158 and the recent Executive Orders relating to the Travel Ban of immigrants and refugees from certain countries. Nazy has worked with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Congresswomen Anna Eshoo and Zoe Lofgren, Congressman Adam Schiff, and former Congressman Mike Honda, to name a few. She had been invited to participate on a panel to discuss foreign relations with international law and policy experts and Congresswoman Lofgren.
- Nazy has collaborated with the Santa Clara County Office of Immigrant Relations to lead Know Your Rights events where she had been a featured speaker before large audiences throughout Santa Clara County.
- In her first year of practice after law school, she first-chaired, pro bono, an administrative hearing before an ALJ on behalf of a physically disabled individual who had been ousted from a care facility. She obtained a win against the care giant after the administrative hearing where employee testimony revealed the unfair and cruel treatment of the vulnerable resident.
- She had been involved in several high-profile aviation cases, including one in which Southwest Airlines was accused of discrimination.
- She was a part of a team that recovered a huge multi-million dollar jury win against major paint manufacturer, PPG Industries, Inc. on behalf of Marvin Windows.
Board Member, Iranian American Political Action Committee (Political Arm of PAAIA)
Advisory Board Member, West Valley College, Paralegal Studies Program
Board Member: IAPAC (political division of PAAIA based in Washington D.C.)
Board Member: Green Foothills, non-profit
Advisory Board Member: West Valley College, Paralegal Studies Program
Marquette University Law School, JD, cum laude
- Dean’s List
- Editor, Marquette Law Review
- Alpha Sigma Nu, National Jesuit Honor Society
- CALI Awards
Marquette University, BA
- Dean’s List
- California State Bar
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Northern District
- United States District Court for the Central District
- Minnesota State Bar (inactive status)
- Untied States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Wisconsin State Bar (inactive status)