Andrew Kirtley is an Associate Attorney at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy LLP, specializing in complex civil litigation. Before joining the firm, Andrew was a litigator in the District of Columbia, where he worked at a tenants’ rights law firm, the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center, and a boutique law firm specializing in federal environmental and civil rights litigation.
Andrew earned his Juris Doctor from Northeastern University School of Law and a Master of Environmental Law and Policy from Vermont Law School. During law school, Andrew completed externships with U.S. Magistrate Judge Ronald Ellis in the Southern District of New York (New York, NY), the Navajo Nation Department of Justice (Window Rock, AZ), the U.S. Department of Justice (Washington, DC), and the Human Rights Law Network (New Delhi, India). He also led a successful campaign to improve recycling at the law school, served on faculty-student committees, was a constitutional law teaching assistant, and served as a research assistant on a brief filed in a Guantánamo Bay detainee case. Before law school, Andrew worked as a bicycle messenger and in various other service industry jobs, and lived in Boston, Chicago, Kentucky, and France.
Andrew is active in the legal community and enjoys being part of a firm that values the pursuit of justice. Beyond work, he enjoys spending time with his partner and dog, traveling, hiking, and exploring the Bay Area.
- SF’s Historic Cliff House Restaurant Sues Insurance Company Over ‘Dishonest and Egregious’ Claim DenialEater San Francisco, 07.30.2020
- KTVU, 07.30.2020
- San Francisco Chronicle, 07.23.2020
- Law360, 07.22.2020
- Family Sues Carnival and Princess Cruises for Intentionally Hiding Knowledge of COVID-19 Before the Cruise Ship Left Port05.27.2020
- Shocking COVID Cover-up: Hollywood Nursing Home Forges Death Certificate to Hide its COVID Problem; Family Sues for Accountability05.20.2020
- SF Eater, 04.16.2020
- San Francisco Chronicle, 04.16.2020
Member, American Association for Justice
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Constitution Society
Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
Co-Chair, Washington Council of Lawyers 2018–2019 Mentoring Program
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D.
Vermont Law School, Master of Environmental Law and Policy
Berklee College of Music, B.M.
- Judicial Extern for U.S. Magistrate Judge Ronald L. Ellis of the Southern District of New York
District of Columbia
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals of the D.C. Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California