- Criminal Judge Asks Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy to Weigh in on PG&E's Safety Record
- Defrauded Investors May Lose Their Right to Recovery: Trump Administration Pushes for Regulatory Changes that Would Allow Companies to Avoid Securities Class Actions Through the Use of Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Finra Enacts Important Rule to Protect Seniors Against Fraudulent Activity
- The CPFB Remains Under Attack: Consumers Should Care About an Agency that has Recovered More than $11.9 Billion for Everyday Workers
- Supreme Court Upholds Right to Bring Securities Act Class Actions in State Court
- Cracking Down on the “Rehab Riviera”
- Protecting Our Seniors—Stating a Cause of Action for Elder Abuse is Not as Difficult as Defendants Often Claim
- “Smart” toys raise privacy and safety concerns for kids
- Strict new privacy and data protections soon take effect in European countries
- Is your cell phone tracking every move you make?
Showing 10 posts in Firm News.
American Consumers Recover $225 Million As Court Approves Settlements Against Automotive Parts Cartel
Late Wednesday afternoon a judge in Michigan approved $225 million in settlements for American consumers and businesses who purchased automobiles that were affected by an international automotive parts price-fixing cartel. The Hon. Marianne O. Battani of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan ordered that the settlements should be approved, compensating American consumers for overcharges they paid as a result of the conspiracy. Read More ›
CPM is a proud volunteer of the 2nd Harvest Food Bank. Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties is the trusted leader dedicated to ending local hunger. Read More ›
CPM attorneys Justin Berger and Eric Buescher completed a jury trial on August 5, 2015, winning a unanimous verdict awarding damages of half a million dollars on behalf of a local small business owner in a hotly disputed breach of contract case. The lawsuit centered around a lease agreement for an advertising billboard owned by Defendant Ad-Way Signs that is located on the plaintiff’s property. The plaintiff, CPM’s client, alleged that Ad-Way had failed to pay full rent according to the lease between the parties, believing that Ad-Way was delaying and underpaying rent in an attempt to leverage the small business owner into entering into long term lease that was more beneficial to Ad-Way. CPM’s client never budged, relying on the legal protections provided to commercial landlords by Civil Code sections 827 and 1945 to prevail. CPM often represents small business owners who are victimized by greed. Read More ›
Nanci Nishimura Selected by White House to Represent Top 50 Asian Americans at Conference on Education and Entrepreneurship of Asian American Businesses
Nanci Nishimura has been selected by the White House to represent the Top 50 Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders at a White House Conference on Education and Entrepreneurship of Asian American businesses. Read More ›
CPM Attorney, Shauna R. Madison, has been chosen by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC) to participate in its 2015 Leadership Academy. The purpose of the Leadership Academy, an initiative of CAOC's Diversity Committee through New Leaders Council (NLC), is to give CAOC members the skills and techniques needed to make them effective leaders in CAOC, their professional settings and in their communities. The Leadership Academy selects plaintiff trial lawyers representing various backgrounds and practice areas to attend three 2-day sessions. Each training session will assist participants in developing their leadership roles within CAOC and will address varying topics such as progressive entrepreneurship, lobbying and activism. Read More ›
Congratulations to Niall McCarthy for being named to the Irish Legal 100 for 2014. The Irish Legal is published in the Irish Voice, which is a national legal newspaper.
Citing a half-century of trial experience spanning the gamut of the law—from civil rights to antitrust, securities fraud to the representation of outed CIA spy Valerie Plame—Law360 selected CPM founding partner Joseph Cotchett as a “Titan of the Plaintiffs Bar” in September. Read More ›
Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy has been honored as America’s Elite Trial Lawyers by The National Law Journal. The list is composed of firms that pulled in huge victories in complex cases that have wide impact on the law and legal business. Read More ›