- Criminal Judge Asks Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy to Weigh in on PG&E's Safety Record
- Defrauded Investors May Lose Their Right to Recovery: Trump Administration Pushes for Regulatory Changes that Would Allow Companies to Avoid Securities Class Actions Through the Use of Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Finra Enacts Important Rule to Protect Seniors Against Fraudulent Activity
- The CPFB Remains Under Attack: Consumers Should Care About an Agency that has Recovered More than $11.9 Billion for Everyday Workers
- Supreme Court Upholds Right to Bring Securities Act Class Actions in State Court
- Cracking Down on the “Rehab Riviera”
- Protecting Our Seniors—Stating a Cause of Action for Elder Abuse is Not as Difficult as Defendants Often Claim
- “Smart” toys raise privacy and safety concerns for kids
- Strict new privacy and data protections soon take effect in European countries
- Is your cell phone tracking every move you make?
Showing 2 posts from June 2016.
Do You Have Children and Shop at IKEA? If so, you need to be aware of IKEA’s major recall of dressers
29 million dressers are being recalled by IKEA for a tipping hazard that has led to the death of at least 6 children. The recall covers dozens of models of dressers, although most news coverage has focused on the top selling Malm dressers – if you have bought any model dresser from IKEA you need to check the full list of recalled dressers. IKEA dressers are ubiquitous in homes around the world, including in the United States. Read More ›
As elder law attorneys we help seniors, dependent adults and their families when there has been serious injury or death or large losses of money. Over the years we have worked with hundreds of elders and family members. These are 10 take away points that we wished all families with loved ones in nursing homes (also referred to as Skilled Nursing Facilities (“SNFs”)) knew: Read More ›