- Criminal Judge Asks Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy to Weigh in on PG&E's Safety Record
- Defrauded Investors May Lose Their Right to Recovery: Trump Administration Pushes for Regulatory Changes that Would Allow Companies to Avoid Securities Class Actions Through the Use of Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Finra Enacts Important Rule to Protect Seniors Against Fraudulent Activity
- The CPFB Remains Under Attack: Consumers Should Care About an Agency that has Recovered More than $11.9 Billion for Everyday Workers
- Supreme Court Upholds Right to Bring Securities Act Class Actions in State Court
- Cracking Down on the “Rehab Riviera”
- Protecting Our Seniors—Stating a Cause of Action for Elder Abuse is Not as Difficult as Defendants Often Claim
- “Smart” toys raise privacy and safety concerns for kids
- Strict new privacy and data protections soon take effect in European countries
- Is your cell phone tracking every move you make?
Save Our Juries Campaign
Save Our Juries launched in July 2014, becoming ABOTA's first public awareness campaign. Its mission is to "uphold the jury system provided by the Seventh Amendment to the U.S. Constitution by educating the American public about the current issues, the history and the value of the right to trial by jury." In 1958, my father, ABOTA's first National President, built ABOTA on this one mission - to preserve our civil justice system. It's vital that we always use his founding purpose as the anchor of this organization.
Since its launch, SOJ has built a rapidly growing web and social media presence, boasting promising numbers:
- Almost 2,000 people have visited www.SaveOurJuries.org
- The site has received more than 1,500 Facebook likes
- More than 1,000 people have read the SOJ blog
The SOJ team consists of the Save Our Juries Committee, as well as Rob Feldman, a phenomenal videographer and producer; Jenith Damasco, a social media expert; and Newsmaker Group, a veteran public relations team.
We are proud to call businessman Mark Cuban, U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse and former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson the official SOJ spokespeople. Each spokesperson has filmed multiple public service announcements for our cause, and each is a valued partner in our efforts. Together we are elevating SOJ to the status of thought leaders in vital conversations about the state of our civil justice system.
ABOTA is wasting no time in gearing up for 2015. This January will mark the re-launch of Save Our Juries with the official release of our new public service announcements from Senator Whitehouse, Senator Thompson and Mr. Cuban. Additional spokespeople will be welcomed to the SOJ team in the near future, and we expect SOJ's social media and web presence to continue to grow and attract an even larger audience.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN, PLEASE CLICK HERE.