- Criminal Judge Asks Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy to Weigh in on PG&E's Safety Record
- Defrauded Investors May Lose Their Right to Recovery: Trump Administration Pushes for Regulatory Changes that Would Allow Companies to Avoid Securities Class Actions Through the Use of Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Finra Enacts Important Rule to Protect Seniors Against Fraudulent Activity
- The CPFB Remains Under Attack: Consumers Should Care About an Agency that has Recovered More than $11.9 Billion for Everyday Workers
- Supreme Court Upholds Right to Bring Securities Act Class Actions in State Court
- Cracking Down on the “Rehab Riviera”
- Protecting Our Seniors—Stating a Cause of Action for Elder Abuse is Not as Difficult as Defendants Often Claim
- “Smart” toys raise privacy and safety concerns for kids
- Strict new privacy and data protections soon take effect in European countries
- Is your cell phone tracking every move you make?
Niall McCarthy Honored with Defender of Justice Award
Congratulations to Niall McCarthy for being honored with the Defender of Justice Award by the California Judicial Council.
The Defender of Justice Award honors entities or individuals from federal, state, and local government for significant contributions to advancing equal access to fair and consistent justice in California.
The Open Courts Coalition was formed in 2011 by Niall McCarthy and Paul Kiesel. The coalition has conducted numerous in-person, telephone, and online outreach campaigns to educate the public as well as decisionmakers from all three branches of government about the dire impacts of budget cuts to the judicial branch as well as the importance of an adequately funded court system for the maintenance of our democracy, for the wellbeing of California residents, and for the health of our state’s economy and businesses.