University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Legal Writing and Research
- WITKIN Award for Academic Excellence for Legal Writing and Research
University of California, Santa Cruz
- Dean’s Honors List
- Cum Laude
- Honors in the Major
Honors & Awards
- 2017 Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star
- Externed for the Honorable Susan Illston, United States District Court Judge, Northern District of California.
Emanuel B. Townsend is an Associate at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP where he focuses on false claims act litigation, consumer protection, financial elder abuse, employment law, and other complex civil litigation.
Emanuel received his Bachelor of Arts in American Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz, graduating Cum Laude, with Honors in the Major. Emanuel received his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
While at UC Hastings, Emanuel had the honor of externing for United States District Court Judge Susan Illston of the Northern District of California. Additionally, while at UC Hastings, Emanuel won the Witkin Award and the Cali Award for being the top student in Legal Writing and Research. Emanuel also worked throughout law school as a law clerk here at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP.
- August 20, 2014Daily Journal
- May 25, 2017Legal Reader
- May 23, 2017San Jose Mercury News
- May 15, 2017
- May 15, 2017KTVU
- May 15, 2017San Francisco Chronicle