- State Bar of California
- Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
Fordham University School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Cum Laude
- Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal, Symposium Editor
New York University, Interactive Telecommunications Program, M.P.S. (2000)
- Pioneering Artist in New Media Award
New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts
Brian Danitz is a Principal at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP. Mr. Danitz has substantial experience representing clients in state and federal litigation, arbitration, internal investigations, and government investigations, involving commercial disputes, corporate and securities fraud, shareholder litigation, consumer class actions, antitrust and employee whistleblower complaints. His practice includes all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts, in matters involving complex issues including allegations of securities law violations, shareholder disputes including involving breach of fiduciary duty and corporate governance, trade secret violations, and commercial disputes.
Prior to joining Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, Mr. Danitz worked at a large law firm in Silicon Valley, representing clients in commercial litigation, securities litigation, and government enforcement matters.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Mr. Danitz was a documentary filmmaker and producer of new media. Mr. Danitz was the cinematographer for the Oscar-winning documentary Bowling for Columbine, Oscar-nominated film Sound and Fury, and Emmy Award winner TV Nation, and directed Ecological Design: Inventing the Future, Objects and Memory, and N is for Nuclear, among other films.
Mr. Danitz received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law, cum laude, where he was the Symposium Editor of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal. Mr. Danitz received B.F.A. and M.P.S. degrees from New York University.
- Bar Orders in Partial Settlements of Securities Class Action Lawsuits2010Practising Law Institute, Securities Litigation and Enforcement Institute
- Severing the Link: A Defendant’s Guide to Loss Causation in the Ninth Circuit2009Practising Law Institute, Securities Litigation and Enforcement Institute
- Revitalizing the Lawyer-Poet: What Lawyers Can Learn from Rock and Roll200514 Widener Law Journal 907
- 2005Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal
- June 20, 2018San Mateo Daily Journal
- April 17, 2018
- January 10, 2018
- May 22, 2017
- April 1, 2017Sierra Club