- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court (Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern)
- Supreme Court of the United States
University of Illinois, BSBA (1966)
Hastings College of the Law, JD (1969)
Thurston Honor Society 1968
Hastings Law Journal 1967-69
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rated
Robert Hutchinson heads up the Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy Los Angeles office. Mr. Hutchinson is a veteran trial lawyer having tried over 30 jury trials in Federal and State courts and numerous complex arbitrations and court trials. In 2000 he won a $ 4.9 million verdict for a client who lost his right leg above the knee, believed to be the largest verdict to that time for that type of injury in the State of California.
Mr. Hutchinson successfully argued the case of Vanhorn v. Torti (2008) 45 Cal 4th 322 before the California Supreme Court and secured a multi-million dollar settlement for client.
Mr. Hutchinson specializes in Personal Injury trial practice, emphasis in product liability, Consumer Protection, Securities Fraud and Consumer Class Actions.
- Standing to Sue in Public Interest LitigationDecember 1, 1971Lincoln Law Review, Vol. VII Number 1
- August 20, 2014Daily Journal
- September 28, 2016
- July 9, 2015
- March 9, 2015The Center for Investigative Reporting
- November 3, 2014
- July 17, 2014