- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- Santa Clara Law Review
- Santa Clara Journal of International Law
- Honors Moot Court
- Women & Law Mentor
- University of California at Davis, B.S.
- Dean’s Honor List
- Human Corps Community Service Award
Honors & Awards
- 2017 Super Lawyers Northern California Rising Star
- Pro Bono Recognition Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Best Brief Award, Appellate Advocacy
- Honorable Mention for Santa Clara Journal of International Law Comment
- Santa Clara County Judge Socrates Manoukian of the Santa Clara County Superior Court
Joyce Chang is an Associate at Cotchett, Pitre & McCarthy, LLP, where she focuses her practice on antitrust law and complex litigation. Ms. Chang represents plaintiffs in numerous antitrust class actions, many of which CPM serves as interim lead or co-lead counsel.
Ms. Chang received her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law. At Santa Clara Law, Ms. Chang served as an editor on multiple Journals, including the Santa Clara Law Review and the Santa Clara Journal of International Law. She received honorable mentions for both year-end comments, won the Best Brief Award for appellate advocacy, and served as a mentor for incoming women law students through the Women and Law Association.
During law school, Ms. Chang interned for the Honorable Judge Socrates Manoukian of Santa Clara County Superior Court. Additionally, she served as a volunteer translator at a local non-profit dedicated towards providing basic legal rights to Asian immigrants.
Prior to law school, Ms. Chang received her B.S. in Premedicine from the University of California at Davis. Between her studies, she volunteered for the UC Davis Medical Center. UCD recognized her work with the Community Service Award every year she was in college.
Ms. Chang is involved in the below cases, amongst others:
- In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2311, Master File No. 2:12-md-02311-MOB (E.D. Mich.)
- In re Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 1:16-cv-08637 (N.D. Ill.)
- In re Domestic Airline Travel Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2656, Misc. No. 15-1404 (CKK) (D.D.C.)
- In re Generic Digoxin and Doxycycline Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2724, No. 16-md-2724-CMR (E.D. Pa.)
- In re Lithium Ion Batteries, Case 4:13-md-02420-YGR (N.D. Cal.)
- In re Mylan Epipen Litigation, Case No. 16-cv-2711-JWL-KGG (D. Kan.)
- In re Qualcomm Antitrust Litigation, Case No. 17-md-2773-LHK (N.D. Cal.)
- In re: Vehicle Carrier Services Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 2471, Master Docket No. 13-3306-Es-JAD (D.N.J.)
Santa Clara Law Honors Moot Court Judge
Second Harvest Food Bank Volunteer
Operation Christmas Child Volunteer
- Second Circuit Throws Out $7.25 Billion Visa, MasterCard SettlementJuly 2016
- Second Circuit Reinstates Antitrust Claims Against Defendant Banks for Manipulating LiborJune 2016State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-Brief
- 2016Section of Antitrust Law, ABA Book Publishing
- California Supreme Court Rules That Organic Labeling Suits Are Not PreemptedJanuary 2016State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-Brief
- In Re Cipro Cases I & II: California Supreme Court Holds Pharmaceutical Pay-for-Delay Settlement Violates California Antitrust LawMay 2015State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-Brief
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York Rules American Express Violated Antitrust LawsApril 2015State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-Brief
- March 2015State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-Brief
- February 2015State Bar of California, Antitrust, UCL and Privacy Section E-brief
- Trademark Counterfeiting in China: The Real Price of Knock-Offs201454 SANTA CLARA L. REV. 765 (2014)
San Mateo County Bar Association
American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC)
Asian American Bar Association