- California Bar
- USDC - Northern District of California
- USDC - Central District of California
University Of Santa Clara School Of Law, J.D.
University of San Francisco, B.A.
- ROTC Distinguished Military Graduate
- Commercial Rated Rotary Wing Pilot
- Army Paratrooper (Airborne) School
- Air Assault School
- Aircrew Survival Course
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Rating, Peer Review Rated, Highest Rating from Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- Philanthropist Monterey County Honoree (2009)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Evidence (Santa Clara University School of Law)
- Legal Research & Writing Outstanding Oral Argument (Santa Clara University School of Law)
Christopher Lavorato is a Principal at Cotchett, Pitre and McCarthy, LLP, where he practices civil litigation. He focuses on a variety of complex civil matters including claims of commercial fraud, business torts, catastrophic injury, products liability and commercial transit accidents. Mr. Lavorato received his B.A. in Communications from the University of San Francisco in 1992. He graduated as the Distinguished Military Graduate from ROTC and was commissioned in the United States Army, serving as an Aviation Officer and UH-60 Blackhawk pilot until 1998. After his military service, Mr. Lavorato earned his J.D. from the University Of Santa Clara School Of Law in 2002.
After law school, Mr. Lavorato practiced in Monterey County focusing on civil litigation and criminal law. He has a broad range of courtroom experience, including both bench and jury trials, representing individuals, as well as corporate and governmental entities.
Mr. Lavorato is one of our aviation accident litigators bringing real world experience to our team as a prior U.S. Army Blackhawk pilot. Mr. Lavorato has the expertise in the acquisition of key evidence related to aviation accident investigations, processes and procedures of regulatory agencies, including procedures of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Some examples of his cases have been the protection of female rights in the workplace, ensuring a safe living environment for the elderly or special needs patients, and the protection of consumers from defective products and unsafe conditions on property. Most recently, Lavorato worked with Frank Pitre in connection with the sudden unintended acceleration lawsuit against Toyota Motor Company which settled for $1.3 billion dollars.
Mr. Lavorato has served on numerous non-profit boards to the betterment of our communities and has provided vigorous pro-bono representation to those in need. Mr. Lavorato is a firm believer that education is a vital ingredient of freedom and has served as an adjunct professor at the collegiate level in the area of Administration of Justice. He recently co-founded a non-profit organization known as "Veteran Lawyers of San Mateo County" serving as its President. The organization provides pro-bono aid to U.S. Service Members/Veterans in need of certain legal services.
Lawyers in the Library program
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association: "Know The Law - Family Law" Public Symposium2013
- Consumer Attorneys of California: "Where Criminal Law Meets Tort Law"2013
- Consumer Attorneys of California: "Expert Witnesses"2012
- Monterey County Bar Association: "Ethical Considerations in the Court Room"2009
- Consumer Attorneys of California: "Ethical Considerations in the Court Room"2007
- August 8, 2014San Mateo Daily Journal
- Howell and the cost of future care for Medicare recipientsJune 2014Advocate Vol. 41, No. 6
San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
Veteran Lawyers of San Mateo County, President (Co-Founder)
Monterey County Bar Association, Member
Consumer Attorneys of California, Board of Governors, At-Large Member
San Mateo Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors Member
Executive Committee and Liaison for Family Law Bar - Monterey County, Former Member
Board of Directors for Palma High School, Former Member
Board of Directors & Treasurer for Monterey County Free Libraries, Former Member
- May 12, 2014
- August 9, 2013NBC Bay Area
- August 9, 2013San Francisco Chronicle
- August 8, 2013San Jose Mercury News
- August 8, 2013KTVU
- August 8, 2013ABC
- August 8, 2013
- August 2, 2013NBC Bay Area
- August 2, 2013
- August 2, 2013Reuters
- August 2, 2013
- July 26, 2013San Jose Mercury News